This two-day IFRS Update and Application Briefing is designed for experienced preparers and users of IFRS financial statements. It has two aims
- To explain clearly the requirements of significant new and amended Standards and Interpretations effective for 2019 and later
- To share recent practical experience of implementing IFRS 9 Financial Instruments and IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
The comprehensive course materials also cover all other published amendments to IFRSs and current outstanding Exposure Drafts.
Please note that, given the specialised nature and complexity of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts, time does not permit in-depth coverage of IFRS 17. For those with a particular interest in insurance, we recommend our three-day program, Course 1331 Insurance Contract Accounting Workshop.
This program provides answers to questions such as:
- What are the recent and likely future changes to IFRSs?
- When must they be applied?
- What are the transitional provisions?
- How do the new requirements differ from current rules?
- What are the best ways of implementing these requirements?
- What are the financial statement and performance reporting implications?